Covid-19 lockdown gives e-learning a boost
Very often, we find that life doesn’t go as planned. There may be sudden changes in employment status, unexpected illness or injury, or even something as unexpected as the novel coronavirus crisis. Major public places are closed, transportation is stopped, Industries shut, and IT employees asked to work from home and schools are closed. While online education has been making rapid technological advances globally, Education on the go is becoming a reality, thanks to the lockdown in the aftermath of COVID 19.
“What could have taken five years may now probably happen in 40 days,”
Advantages of e-Learning:
· You can link the various resources in several varying formats.
· It is a very efficient way of delivering courses online.
· Due to its convenience and flexibility, the resources are available from anywhere and at any time.
· Everyone, who are part-time students or are working full time, can take advantage of web-base learning.
· Web-based learning promotes active and independent learning.
· As you have access to the net 24×7, you can train yourself anytime and from anywhere also.
· It is a very convenient and flexible option; above all, you don’t have to depend on anyone for anything.
· Not only can you train yourself on a day to day basis, but also on weekends or whenever you have the free time to. There is no hard and fast rule.
· Through discussion boards and chats, you can interact with everyone online and also clear your doubts if any.
· The video instructions that are provided for audio and video learning can be rewound and seen and heard again and again if you do not happen to understand the topic first time around.
Challenges in Online Learning:
Comparing face-to-face learning with online learning brings forth significant deficiencies in the online mode such as lack of human connection, absence of opportunities of collaborative learning, teacher supervision, and the most glaring being lack of opportunities for hands-on learning in complex subjects such as science and mathematics. Besides, amid the rush of hosting online classes the best teaching practices such an addressing learners Multiples Intelligences. While learners can’t wait to get back to the schools, this spell of online learning is going to leave principals and educators richer in terms of insights into what constitutes quality education and their preparedness to deliver it. The challenges of quality online learning will be managed sooner than later due to the inherent transparency of this medium. However, the real challenge would be not to slip into our old ‘teacher-driven’ ways and to remember and apply the learning of this phase to enrich our regular classes post lockdown restrictions!
This challenge could be mitigated by incorporating from governments to make added efforts to aid the students/teachers and develop a sense of confidence among them. They could enable a smooth network connection for such activities and also take the experience of schools that are effectively running such methods of e-learning.
Corona virus pandemic has affected the lives of individuals across all industries and governments are finding ways to revive the situation. For students and educational institutions, E-learning has provided the best method to keep the education process running. Due to these benefits, the majority of education institutions are accepting this advanced technology to effectively implement quality and modern education systems. If you are looking to build such an e-learning digital platform or a mobile app, then you must contact the development company, Sanganan With a pool of talented engineers, they will ensure that your product will be profitable in the long run.